Last updated: October 5, 2016 at 13:54 pm
- How do auto insurance claims work when your car is totaled?
Once you file a claim the insurance company will dispatch a claims adjuster to verify the damage. They will only act on the recommendations of this adjuster. Read more..
- Do you have to prove No Claims Discount on your car insurance?
No Claims Discount (NCD) is the same as No Claims Bonus (NCB) and the initial burden of proving it to be true of false is with the insurance company. Read more..
- Top 5 things should I know about car insurance claims?
In a nutshell, here are the top 5 things you should know about insurance claims:
What coverage to you have? This is something you should be aware of when you sign the policy and for the duration of the plan. Read more..
- How does excess work on third party car insurance claims?
Excess in car insurance refers to the money you have to pay after filing a claim on your policy. You can check your insurance document to find out what your excess payable is. Read more..
- What are my rights when filing a car insurance claim?
This depends on whether you are claiming under a fault or no fault case. If the accident was caused by someone else, you have the right to claim against that person’s insurance. Read more..
- What do insurance companies base car value for insurance claims?
The insurance company’s car claims adjuster sees the car as an object and does not take into consider personal value. His job is to determine market value. Read more..
- When filing my auto insurance claim, who can I go to for repairs?
There are insurance companies that have a preferred list of repair shops. These repair shops’ main business is the vehicles that come from insurance companies thus policy holders get priority. Read more..
- What happens when my insurance company discovers past car insurance claims?
Unless you have a dubious past with previous insurance claims, there should be no problem at all. You can be assured that an insurance company will do extensive research on your insurance history on a periodic basis. Read more..
- What are the options if my car insurance does not pay claims?
If your claim has been denied, you have 5 options. You can ask them to give you a letter informing you of the denial formally. Read more..
- How do you file personal injury claims through your car insurance?
Filing a Personal Injury Protection claim is a simple process of contacting the insurance company and informing them of the situation. Read more..
- How can I settle my car accident claim without the insurance company?
If you are in a situation where the accident was not your fault, you don’t have to file a claim with your insurance provider. You can have the other party file against their insurance provider. Read more..
- How far back do insurance companies go when looking at auto claims?
Insurance companies are known to look as far back as 7 years into your driving and insurance records, including credit scores when assessing an insurance claim. Read more..